What is Make & Take?
How many times do you buy a kit and have no idea how to begin? The make and take is an opportunity for you to purchase a mini version of a technique/kit, have a conversation with the exhibitor. Tables and chairs will be nearby for you to create whilst at the fair- then if you get stuck the exhibitor is on hand to help. No need to book.
The following are subject to change, please ask on arrival what is on offer the day you visit.
- Button Up and Stitch: “English Paper Piecing”
- Melly Made
Block print and stitch a brooch £5
- Sheepy Things: “Make Your Own Flock of Sheep”
Sheep making using pipe chenille stems (pipe cleaners) to form an armature then using real sheep fleece and wrapping technique make your sheep fluffy and woolly. No sharp needles needed so very safe to do!
- Angela Daymond: “Kantha Paisley Designs”
Come and sit with Angela and stitch a traditional kantha paisley design. You will learn about making designs, starting and stopping your stitching and how to add sequins for sparkle.
- Eau Brink Studio: “Powertex Keyholder.”
£5.00 each already made just need to finish them by painting them.
- Spinspired: “Drop Spindling and/or tapestry weaving “
Learn the art of spinning your own yarn from fibres using a drop spindle. Fee TBC and/or tapestry weaving – small frame to try out and buy for £15.95 if desired. All threads and tuition included.
- Flossy Felts: “Needle felting a small 3D item/sculpture or a miniature 2D picture“
All basic equipment used can be kept by the participant. Approx cost: £8 – £10 per person
- Jean Wright: “Gold Work Embroidery”
£2 per head for material
- The African Fabric Shop: “Fabric and paper beads bracelets”.
Learn how to make rolled fabric beads using Shwe-shwe fabric and make fun bracelets using there beads and more. £2.00.
- Tudor Rose Patchwork: “Heat Applied Glitter”
The Tudor Rose Patchwork charge will be £1.00 and we use Heat Applied Glitter Film to produce a small project – there will be a choice of several samples that could be made or design your own project.
- Etui Coterie: “Braiding”
Buy any of our braiding kits or supplies and for just £2 extra sit down with us for tuition. Braid a simple bracelet of try out braiding with beads.